The department is dedicated to evaluation, diagnosis and management of speech and language disorders in pediatric as well as the adult population.
Speech disorders can occur as a problem with the articulation of speech sounds, dysfluent speech/stammering and can also manifest as voice problems. Speech disorders can be present alone or in conjunction with other neurological disorders like dysarthria, apraxia, cerebral palsy etc.
- Speech Assessment Tests
- Stuttering Severity Index
- Stuttering Prediction Instrument
- Telugu Articulation Test
- Photo Articulation Test
- Frenchay Dysarthric Assessment
- Apraxia Battery for Adults
- Behaviour assessment battery for school-age children who stutter
- Dr. Speech Voice Analysis system
- Proforma - CP, Voice, Fluency, Laryngectomy, Cleft lip & Palate.
Language problems are seen in both adults and children. In adults, it occurs usually after a neurological insult like in case of stroke/ accident/ blow to head/ old age. In children language delays/ deviancy etc may occur alone as in case of Specific Language Impairment or it can occur as a result of conditions like Cerebral Palsy, Mental Subnormality, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Hearing loss etc.
- Language Assessment Tools
- Boston Diagnostic Aphasia Examination test
- Western Aphasia Battery
- Receptive and Expressive Emergent Language Scale
- Scale of Early Communication Skills
- 3 Dimensional Language Acquisition Skills
- Childhood Autism Rating Scale
- Revised Token Test
- Test of Language Development
- Linguistic Profile Test
- Autistic Behavior Composite Checklist and Profile
- Malayalam Language Test
- Illinois test of Psycholinguistic ability
- Assessment of Language Development
- Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers